Big Prawn Mee 大蝦麵 @ Loyang Way

I've read Dr Leslie's recent recommendation and since I was in the area for Reservist, I decided to pop by. Otherwise, this place is very out of the way and if you aren't familiar with this area it can be hard to find. If you've read by blog post on Wanton Mee, you'll see that this Industrial Canteen was also featured. 

I ordered the medium Prawn Noodles $7. Before even tasting it, my eyes were treated to a feast! Chef Dickson was previously from Tung Lok I heard. It is little wonder that you will get nothing but careful selection of Ingredients, an intricate blend and balance of flavours in the Broth and the Noodles. 

Look at the Roe on the halved Ang Sua prawns, cooked to perfection, tender and juicy. You can tell he takes care of his ingredients when a hawker keeps his prawns neatly aligned in containers. They whack a generous spoonful of dark dirty looking fried Shallots, charred to the brink of bitter sweet. This taste blends so amazingly well with a tinge of Pork Lard oil. These two sitting subtly on top of a sweet savoury broth mixed for you before plating into this bowl. Blew my mind the intricate flavours! 

The Soup! Umami! I dare not use this term very often. But it is a strong prawn flavour, with a medium bodied pork bone base and a play on underlying spices and rock sugar. 

If you drive or you're in the area or just crazy for Prawn Mee, you must try this bowl of amazing noodles!






大蝦麵
64, Loyang Way, Singapore 508754

Opening Hours:
Mon – Fri 6.30am to 3.00pm
Sat: 6.30am to 2.00pm
Sun & PH: Closed

Comments

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts