Siglap "Kueh" Chap

 I chanced upon Dr Leslie's blog on this stall, and I happened to be in the vicinity so I decided to try. What I noticed when I reached this coffeeshop was that the Economic Rice has the longest most persistent queue. I will try that another day. 

This stall serves slowly, and the queue of 5-6pax each time moves slowly. When I got my order, I was surprised by the little ingredients on the plate. Half a square of tofu, few pieces of Tau Pok, a few slithers of small and big intestines and what I think might be the heart. 

The intestines were cleaned well and did not have the gamey taste. The braise is flavourful with a lighter viscosity but other than that nothing to shout about. But it was the "Kway", the rice flat noodles that blew me away. The soup was yummy with a good fried shallots fragrance. But the noodles were so light and smooth, I barely felt it slide past my throat lest the warm soup to remind me! I'm not a carbs person, but I finished this already generous bowl of "kway". 







Siglap Kueh Chap 
3838 Coffeeshop (Corner) 
727 East Coast Road 
Opening Hours 8am to 2pm (Closed Thu)

Comments

Popular Posts