Joo Chiat Char Kway Teow

Decided to try this hidden gem after Denise Tan featured it on her CNA lifestyle page. I've driven past it many times and always wondered what people are queuing for in this nondescript dark coffeeshop. Apparently there is a "Traditional Joo Chiat Prawn Mee" here as well. 

A one (wo)man show, she has pre-fried noodles and kway teow on the side, as well as pre-cooked lap cheong and cockles. But she cook one plate at a time, which is the reason for the queue. When I finally got my $4 portion, I thought this must be the biggest rip off - I can barely find the tiny cockles, and a few pieces of lap cheong. 

Then I took a bite of this delicious noodles... Indeed the Wok Hei was another level! The noodles were stir fried in a wet savory slather, unlike the drier sweeter common variants. I will definitely return for this again! 



Joo Chiat Place Fried Kway Teow 
59A Joo Chiat Place, Singapore 427783.
Opening Hours: 10.30am to 8pm daily

Comments

Popular Posts