Da Sheng Minced Pork Noodles

 Several bloggers have recently featured Da Sheng as one of the hidden gems. They are located in the same coffeeshop as Mei Mei Roast Duck. Bringing my motorcycle for servicing, I decided to pop by and check them out. I avoided the lunch hour and arrived early. I picked the Signature ($5.50) which came with 2 Fried Wantons, 2 Meat Balls, Braised Mushrooms and Minced Pork. I thought the noodles was a tad too much but managed to slurp everything up. 

I really liked their sauce, it's managed to balance the Black Vinegar very well - might be so bold to say they'd give Tai Hwa a fight. However, their choice of noodles fails miserably... They chose a thinner, manufactured Mee Pok both in width and thickness. 

The meat balls were clearly frozen ones, but the Pork was fine though lacked bite. What also lacked bite were the fillings of the Wantons - felt too pasty as opposed to a chunky and juicy minced mix. 

Overall, I don't think I would return to satisfy a BCM craving and if I am in the area I would rather a Mei Mei Duck Drumstick Rice. 




Comments

Popular Posts