East Treasure Specialty Prawn Noodles

On this drizzle rainy evening, I decided to try the normal dry Prawn Noodles "Signature Big Prawn Noodles" $12. Firstly it came with the same plump juicy huge prawns. The soup equally rich as the Penang style. But the noodles and its sauce is unlike the rest with its complex sambal and fried shallots mix. This is a clear "wanton mee" like toss. Very tasty and flavourful yet lighter with a sinful splash of Pork Lard. 


=================== October 2020 ==================

I have been meaning to try this for so long, passing by it each time I am at Cider Pit or King's Cart Coffee. Today I decided to give this a shot. Best decision ever! 

I can understand at first why there may not be a mad rush out the door for this - with the famous Da Dong on the next street (It was barely a quarter full). Not until I had a sip of this broth! 

I ordered the Big Prawn Penang Noodles ($10). The staff explained to me the Penang broth is slightly spicier - which I absolutely love! This is the first time I have never had to adjust the soup, not with chilli powder, nor soya sauce or chilli padi. It had such a savoury and rich intense flavour! Distinctly you can pick out the rock sugar, the prawn essence, the sambal, but a sneaky bitter char taste from the super crunchy pork lard. 

For $10, you get 3 halves of this large prawn, which was so fresh and juicy! Some thingly slithers or Pork Belly and a Ramen egg (never had Prawn Mee with eggs before). Noodles were tossed briefly and masterfully. I would definitely come back for this especially on a rainy day! 




Comments

Popular Posts