Nan Xiang Roast Pork and Char Siew

For the first time in my life the Char Siew is fattier than the Sio Ba!

I had written about the Roast Chicken awhile back, this time to try the Char Siew and Sio Ba rice.

When I saw that there wasn't a queue, I knew I had to seize the opportunity! Everyone in the line seem to be ordering the same dish - Char Siew Sio Ba rice. You get to choose if you want the Chicken Rice as a base. 

The roast pork belly is sliced thinly so that you get a manageable bite savouring all of its elements: the crispy skin, the firm fatty layer, and the salted lean bottom. Leaves you wanting for more. The barbeque roast pork @ Char Siew, is one of the best I every had! They used the premium pork collar to create this meat, whilst others would use a cheaper lean cut. Look at it, the char presented to the customer is minimal and not overwhelming. The fatty portion is insane but it is firm and blended into the tendons of the collar. 

I wore a smile to myself the whole time I was wolfing this down. 


Comments

Popular Posts