Chix Hot Chicken

Decided to try an old friend's new Chicken set up - Bober has been known to dish out amazing fried food before. Bober and Musician Taufik Batisah opened Chix, tucked in a quiet corner of Jalan Pisang, across the street from Arab St. Its decor is very interesting, with bespoke modern caricatures on the walls, everything else kept spaced and simple. 

Go Big or Go Home right? I bravely ordered the Insane Hotness chicken, and the Mild Hotness flavour as a comparison. Just opening my mouth to bite this chicken, I caught a breath of the peppers and choked. But biting into this super juicy chicken, I knew I couldn't stop. All the flavour in the chicken sealed inside a dry spiced crispy exterior. I suggest if you can "tahan" endure a bit of heat, at least go for the Crazy. You need to experience the ghost peppers and live a little... ;P

Everything here is homemade, no factory frozen nonsense. Even the slaw, omg the slaw! Can't blame me if I think this is one of the best Coleslaw I have ever had. It is balanced so exquisitely, because it is light, the sweetness acidity and freshness has to dance around each other. 





Chix Hot Chicken
1 Jln Pisang, #01-01, Singapore 199069
Opening Hours: 12am to 9pm (Closed on Sun and Mon)

Comments

Popular Posts