Mei Mei Roast Duck @ Ubi Road 1

I first saw this lady featured on Channel U. Coming out from Kay Lee to start out on her own, the episode spoke of her never give up attitude persevering till today. It is situated in a coffeeshop in the heart of a industrial estate in Ubi. It was quite a tough find I must admit. But one that is well worth it. 

I decided to reward myself with a Drumstick costing $7. Tastes so much better than those Kay Lee franchises for sure! The skin is crispy yet the layer of fat beneath it is heavenly.... Yet the meat is pink and firm! And unlike mediocre roast ducks, this does not have the gamey after taste. 

The rice is grainy and when doused with the sauce, I could eat it on its own. The sauce has a Five Spice flavour, and somehow with the chilli sauce, it blends perfectly together. If you are in the area, I definitely recommend you make time and space in your tummy to try this!



Mei Mei Roast Meat
1st Stop Food Junction
Blk 3014 Ubi Road 1 #01-308
10am-5pm Monday-Saturday
10am-3pm Sunday and PH.

Comments

Popular Posts