Yat Lok's Roast Goose Noodles Soup

The queue seems shorter these days. But I just have to come here for their Goose Drumstick noodles. But by the time I arrived, the drumsticks were sold out. I was shocked at the price difference though. The drumstick rice/noodles costs some 3-4 times more than  regular roast goose noodles! 

Which works out well for me too, because I've always enjoyed the rear cut of the bird. Where you have to peel the meat of the bones, where it has the most contact with the seasoning during the roast. 

I love the thin crispy skin with a fatty underlayer of the goose. And perhaps with the soup, it makes the goose less salty. Personally I think next time I would just stick to rice. Nevertheless, the thick rice vermicelli was firm and smooth - each slurp dragging a dash of the soup into your mouth. 





Yat Lok Restaurant
Conwell House, G/F,
34-38 Stanley St, Central, Hong Kong
Mon to Sat: 10am – 9pm
Sun: 10am – 5.30pm

Comments

Popular Posts