No Name Hainan Curry Rice @ Beo Crescent

 I have heard so much of this Curry Rice from all my friends, I just had to try it. Apparently it sits in the same coffeeshop as the now defunct Beo Crescent Hokkien Mee, just that I have never been here before 3pm to see it operational. 

I ordered as many of the appealing dishes as I could wolf down. This plate costing $8.30 didn't take much convincing... The Curry was spicier than most average Curry Rice, with a strong Ginger and Turmeric flavour. When she splashed on the Curry, it almost seems to me that it is the idea that it has to be a messy plate. 

Everything is heavily flavoured, including the braised Pork Belly, which had a strong Cinnamon spice to it. You'd have to rotate each bite to keep the palate guessing. The curry Squids, I expect to be overcooked (left out) but turned out to be so slippery tender if you know what I mean. 

The Pork Chops were standard and tasty but dry and lacking meat though. The Prawns tasted funky, a tad sweet but funky... Others ordered the Fish Curry and the Lion Head minced pork ball. The queue wasn't that long, 15mins wait max. 


No Name Curry Rice
Blk 40 Beo Crescent
Coffeeshop
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 3pm (Closed Wed)


Comments

Popular Posts