Nan Xiang Chicken Rice - Old School Roasts

This stall in the corner coffeeshop sitting on 271 Tanjong Katong has been around since 1967 - a cool 50 years! We came just in the nick of time for the last plate of goodies such that he didn't even bother to ask me what I wanted. I just smiled at him and said Yes. Second generation Jimmy dished out this plate of Triple Goodness - Roast Chicken, Roast Pork and Char Siew ($12).

Famous for their Roast Chicken Rice, but I love it for their Char Siew. Old School, Sweet Caramelised Fatty Pork. Their Roast Pork as well, not too salty at the bottom and crispy at its skin with a mixture of lean and fatty centres. 

The Rice is grainy and fragrant and goes great with the salted Ginger sauce but the Chilli sauce is too watery and don't worry about the soup... 
I'd give this a 3.5-4 out of 5.



Comments

Popular Posts