Leong Kee Bak Kut Teh @ Geylang Lor 11

Since they have closed their flagship outlet in Beach Road some years back, I had tried to locate their whereabouts. And now I have found them at the corner coffeeshop of Lor 11 Geylang. Eager was I to verify if they were as good as they were before. 

Leong Kee may not compare to the best of JB, but from here, I feel that the Klang style Bak Kut Teh, they are up there in Singapore's context. I've grown quite sick of the clear watered down peppery version of the BKT. Trust me if you have a cold of simply wish for something that is going to warm your insides, nothing better than a herbal broth of Pork Ribs fired on a Claypot, and doused with a sparing chuck of raw minced Garlic! And them "Tau Kee" (Dried Beancurd Skin), soaks up all the flavours of the broth and "gives" it back to you with texture! 

The Pig Trotters, texture wise were alright. Just that I am not sure if you would appreciate them in this herby broth, slightly thicker than the BKT soup. Same with the ones for the small intestines. 





Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh
251 Geylang Lor 11
Singapore 389309
Opening Hours: 11am to Midnight

Comments

Popular Posts