Jamie's Italian - Avoid! [Closed]

I have heard so much bad reviews about this place since its opening. Nonetheless, being as professional and impartial to opinions, I decided to try this for myself. Just to see just how bad this place really can be. 

 Before we even started, I have the waitress arguing with me whether I had said table for 5 or six. She was so rude! Best thing is, I was shown to a table that sat for 6 anyway... 

As we were shown the menu, nobody came up to us to check if we needed any recommendations or if they would suggest the specials. Nobody bothered to offer us any water in the process till we asked for it. Coming from a Coffeeshop maybe, but Jamie's restaurant?! Appalling.

So we ordered... 

For starters, the menu claimed "World's Best Olives on Ice" ($7.50). So I had to try. What appeared on my table was quite surprising. 9 fresh unpitted Mediterranean olives on ice and a black olive dip. 

Then I figured, you could hardly go wrong with a Bruschetta - I was wrong... The Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta ($10.50) was MISERABLE! This for ten bucks! 2 raw asparagus, some leaves on toast. What culinary skills was involved in this?! My 3 year old cat can do this! 

So onto the dredded pastas... 

I ordered the "Octopus & Mussels Spaghetti" ($16) thinking that with good ingredients, the pasta could barely go wrong - wrong again. The Octopus was OVERCOOKED and rubbery and powdery! There was clearly too much sauce on this plate. And the spaghetti was like chewing on undercooked "ee mee". 

My friend ordered the "Jool's Favorite Tuna Fusilli" ($14). Wow I bet we "feel silly" alright! How could your wife like this dish Jamie? Bread crumbs on a spoon, simple tomato pasta and small chunks of tuna not even enough for a slice of bread to bring to school... 

The "Wild Mushroom & Smoked Mozarella Risotto" ($16) did not turn out that bad. 

The safest choice would be the "Penne Carbonara" ($13), but who would go to Jamie's to have something that the University canteen could do better for half the price?!

We ordered a main to share, the "Lamb Chop Lollipops" ($32). This was actually the best dish of the night. Lambs was grilled well, left tender. The accompanying artichoke and mint sauce went well. 

The "Burger Italiano" ($27.50) was such a sham. There really isn't much to it making a burger... Utterly disappointing. 

The Verdict? Jamie, please shut this down... It is spoiling your reputation! The place is badly run, obviously by people who have the "I don't give a damn" look on all their faces! 

Taste: 2/5
Service: 1/5
Ambience: 2.5/5
Price: 2.5/5 (ave $50 per pax) 

Comments

Popular Posts