Sushi Bar @ Far East Plaza

When we had arrived, thank goodness there wasn't much of a queue then. Otherwise, we were warned that it could get quite snaky, as you can see from the shot I took after we ate. 

The place surprisingly had a fair bit of space for a hole in the wall entrance. It was fairly busy, yet the staff were too bothered about service excellence, that I can tell you. The men who shoved us the menu and seemingly reluctant to take our orders might have been the owners. 

I didn't like any bit of the service or that attitude and immediately wanted to leave. However, in the name of foodhunting, I decided to at least try a few of their raved dishes... 

First was the Scallop Mentaiyaki ($13.90), the raw scallops were sweet and thinly sliced, which went well in flavour with the salmon roe and spring onions. 

Then there is the famed Salmon Aburi Sushi ($14.50 for 8 pieces), which I felt wasn't much. You'd probably get an equivalent standard of sushi at Sushi Tei. Seemed like more of the cream was seared then the Salmon itself. The mouth of it I would liken it to a Salmon Mayo Maki... Kudos to the bits of Avocado and Cucumbers, but otherwise nothing to rave about. 

For this level of service, and the length of the queue I have to endure, I'd be better off at Sushi Tei. If you have an urgent craving for a Salmon Aburi with no where else to go, then maybe. Otherwise, I'd give this place a miss. 

The Sushi Bar
14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, 03-89, Singapore, 228213
Telephone Number: 9625 0861 walk in only

Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday: midday - 9.30pm

Taste: 3.5/5
Service: 1/5
Ambience: 1/5
Price: 3/5 (ave $50 per pax) 

Comments

Popular Posts