Ga-Hock Seafood

This was certainly a hidden find! After a golf game at Warren Country Club, my team dragged me here (winning a dinner from me). 

Good thing we arrived earlier (before 6pm), because afterwhich, the crowds just poured in furiously! I didn't even know about this place before. 

So I let them order. The first dish that came out blew my mind. Lest the fact that I have been searching for the best Nonya Curry Fish Head for awhile now... I think this might be the one! 

The Consistency of the curry was good, sufficiently Spicy to give a kick, the Fish was fresh, what blew me away was the addition of the Dried Beancurd Skin and the Tau Pok - which soaked up the flavours of the Curry. This is it. 


As you dig into your plain rice with the Curry, what else would complement it but some Deep Fried Pork Belly! I felt as though I was eating Hainan Curry Rice (Scissors). 



To finish it off, we had a huge Sri Lankan Black Pepper Crab. There are so many styles of Black Pepper, from the Dry/Wet, Sweet/Salty/Spicy. This was the Wet and Spicy (slightly on the sweeter side). The Crab was so fresh, the meat tender and firm. These guys got the skill of knowing how to prepare a Crab. 



However, I was told, apart from the Fish Head, I have yet to try the ultimate Signature: the Salt Baked Crab. I was like what??? I saw them taking it out... OMG. I will be back for that - for sure. 



Ga-Hock Seafood
(Opposite MINDEF)
794 Upper Bukit Timah Rd, Singapore 678133
Phone:6314 5725

Comments

Popular Posts