Whole Earth - Vegetarian

I used to be a staunch Carnivore... I hated plain tasting vegetables. 
But this time for a colleague's farewell, before he returns to India, I decided to bring him to a Vegetarian restaurant that represents local cuisine at the same time. But I was in for a surprise myself! 

The signature Olive Brown Rice ($7) came first and it blew me out of the park! Fragrant and Grainy, it was all I could ask for in a Fried Rice dish, but it was also healthy as it is fried using Olive Oil. 


The other must try dish as a spice and detox loving vegetarian, was to be the stinky "petai". This came in a heavenly mix of what they call the "Sambal King" ($15). A toss of Long Beans, Eggplants, Petai and Sambal chilli. 


I guess the most disappointing and the most pricey dish was the Nonya Curry. It was thick and tasty, and a tad salty, but would go well with white rice.  But it just wasn't wow. It tasted more like a slightly spicier Japanese curry. 

All in all, I think that they have Tasty Quality food in a Comfortable and clean location. But all these comes at a cost, as I feel that the dishes here are a bit pricey for what you are eating... 


The Whole Earth Vegetarian Restaurant
76 Peck Seah St, Singapore 079331
6323 3308

Operating Hours:
Lunch: 11:30am to 3pm (last order at 2:30pm)
Dinner: 5:30 to 10pm (last order at 9:15pm)

Comments

Popular Posts