Kun Ji Duck Rice (Marine Parade)

I returned to this stall to sample the duck rice after the market was renovated, and was surprised to note that the standard remains consistent. I was really lucky to get a plate before a snaking queue built behind me. 

What is the first thing you try when you have Braised Duck rice? For me its the chilli! So fragrantly fried with bits of hebi (dried shrimps) and ikan billis (dried anchovies) - one of the best chilli I've tasted. 

The rice is fragrant, almost like in a ba chang (Rice Dumpling), but not as intense in flavour like Yu Kee's. The soup as well, Yu Kee has a strong herbal taste, whereas Kun Ji's is lighter but sweeter and tasty. 

The duck is marinated and cooked well, but not as dry and gamey like others. The char siew is juicy and tender, and not too sweet. Maybe when I back again, I'll have the Char Siew and Pork Belly. Slurps!



------------------------

Before Renovation

Comments

Popular Posts