Ah Hoe Mee Pok - Hype?

I had heard so much hype about a Japanese family dishing out local Bak Chor Mee (Minced Pork Noodles). And some have said the noodles is something I have to try. And true enough, when I arrived, a queue had already formed mainly with teenagers possibly following a blogger or a hype. And that is exactly what it is. There was nothing special about this stall at all. Unless you are talking about their Japanese Fusion Mee Pok creations. 

I decided to just order the first item on their menu: "Special Mee Pok". This comes a few slices of Abalone, Prawns, Lean and Minced Pork and Meat Balls. Their Mee Pok is slightly thicker than the usual factory made ones, almost similar to Tai Hwa's. And they too prepare the vinegar version of the noodles. But somehow, they fall short of flavours and balancing sauces to complement and bring out the best of Vinegar.  

Worth a try, but not for a 30min wait, and definitely not as good as it is hyped up to be. Maybe it was cause his son was cooking? I am not sure, otherwise I cannot seem to concur with how others have raved about it...






Comments

Popular Posts