Park Bench Deli - Festive "Porcetta"

I've heard so much about their amazing Kong Ba Bahn Mi, Pork Belly on a Bahn Mi sandwich. But when I arrived, I was distraught that it was no where to be found on the menu! When I expressed my sadness, I was reassured that they had enhanced the Bahn Mi to a Porcetta, Crispy Pork Belly sandwich. It was a Festive Special Menu. 

The "Porcetta" ($16) below, was Roasted Pork Belly, Bacon, with Argula (Rocket), and a Roasted Garlic Aioli sauce on a Ciabatta. Messy is my first thought, sinful was the recurring theme. It was so good... Everything in that one bite was perfect. The bun held it in place, the pork was tender but firm and the Garlic Aioli and Caramelized Onions simply enhanced the flavours. 


We had also ordered the "Patty Melt" ($17), a 150g Chuck Beef Patty and Cheese on a Rye Bread with their special PBD sauce. 




Park Bench Deli
179 Telok Ayer St

Comments

Popular Posts