Nam Kee Hokkien Mee - Clementi Central

This stall seems to be never opened whenever I walk by. I had missed the dry, fragrant and al dente texture of their noodles. I finally saw them open, and decided to try. To my surprise, the elderly man is no longer at the wok. Seems like it may be his son, a tattooed young chap. Kudos on taking over, I can't wait to give it a try. 

You already had a large wok of noodles sitting and simmering, and fired up a portion for me when I ordered. There was no queue. 

Presentation and looks wise, it seems the same as before. Tastes wise it is considerably different, but with similar inspirations. It has too much garlic for comfort. The broth had too much sugar and too little prawn stock - taking away the entire essence of Hokkien Mee. 

The Chilli saved the day and the dish. Perhaps this is something that could have been prepared by the original chef. Nonetheless, I am proud that someone younger is taking over and willing to take over. I wish him all the best and for him to master his craft soon. 


Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodles
Address: Clementi 448 Market & Food Centre, 448 Clementi Avenue 3,
#01-12, S120448
Opening Hours: Erratic

Comments

Popular Posts