Ah Hua Teochew Fishball Noodles

There are 2 Ah Hua Fishball Noodles, and I foolishly went to the other one at Ayer Rajah Hawker Centre. This one is at Pandan Road. Apparently the table I sat next to mentioned they went to the wrong one too. They seem to have a well-oiled system where you order and find a seat. Unfortunately due to Covid, seating is very limited. The wait is bearable around 30mins. 

I ordered the Signature $5 version which is what you see below. The noodles is the factory made alkaline type but was made rich with a slather of Pork Lard Oil. The Sambal is fragrant and balanced without being too salty or too sweet. I could have the noodles on its own! 

The soup was very tasty boiled with bones. The Fishballs and Fishcakes were smooth, soft yet springy and on the perfect borderline of being mushy. These handmade fishballs took me back to my childhood. The meatballs were probably the best I've ever had! I can't even describe it. But it almost lacks a chew, you don't need teeth to enjoy these. 




Ah Hua Eating House
Blk, 415 Pandan Gardens, 600415
Opening Hours: 7:30am to 3pm (Closed Sun)

Comments

Popular Posts