Chef Kang Prawn Noodles

Even before I had entered the place, I stumbled upon two simultaneous sets of poor reviews, one from @thesilverchef just before me, and the other from a very vocal elderly couple who had just finished their meal. 

The queue moves very slowly, perhaps waiting for a table to avail before they take your order. Even after you’re seated it seems to take forever to dish out when there are only two items on the menu. What truly disappointed me was that despite taking more than 15mins to prepare this dish which would seemingly be a pour over - the Pork Ribs were COLD! It was the biggest turnoff. In addition, the flavours were one dimensional without depth or umami, a flat prawn paste marinade and overcooked. 

The broth was as much a disappointment, with very faint actual prawn flavours. If I am not mistaken, it is a prawn paste mix, and I am certain there is MSG! The soup is too salty. Nothing about this broth that tastes natural. And you get a measly single prawn sliced in half for a $10 portion? We were wondering why would there be a queue, perhaps they were all first timers like us. Let this be a PSA then, it is one of the worst prawn noodles I had. And quoting the elderly couple before us, “you get better Prawn Mee at the hawker centre..” 

Comments

Popular Posts