Chey Sua Carrot Cake

Since the release of Michelin's 2017 Bib Gourmand awardees, I've been observing how they've been fairing. Hong Heng turned out to be disappointing, Chey Sua was good but nothing to shout about. 

When I arrived, I was taken aback that there wasn't a queue formed, unlike several other stalls in this market - such as the Come Daily Hokkien Mee, Economic Bee Hoon, Halal Prawn Noodles or the Muffins. The reason is because they take orders and sent them to your table when it is ready, but I've heard that this could be a gruelling 40mins wait. Today I was lucky, and waited only for 15mins. 

The draw is actually the caramelised crust covering the eggs encasing the finely chopped up carrot cake. Something which I do not like because it makes it very difficult to eat, especially when you are only given a pair of chopsticks. 

The sweet and lightly spiced chilli sadly does not spread evenly across the dish. Whilst the chopped fresh spring onions goes well with each bite to relief the oiliness. 



Chey Sua Carrot Cake 
Blk 127 Toa Payoh Lor 1 Stall #02-30 
Opening Hours 6am – 1pm (Tues – Sun), Closed Mon

Comments

Popular Posts