Stall 11 - Hai Yan Seafood @ Newton Circus

Since my last experience with these Seafood stall touts, I've never really enjoyed coming to Newton Circus, let alone ordering from the Seafood stalls. But through the kind recommendation of my friends, I found this Kelvin who runs Stall 11. "Hai Yan Seafood" faces the carpark as is next to the central entrance. A very animated and jesterish character, what I like is that he gives you exactly what you want. Nothing less, nothing more. Doesn't try to upsell you or cheat you. If fact, he will tell you not to order something if it is not fresh or too expensive. This I appreciate and I will definitely return to this stall. Food is good too!  

This has to be the highlight of the night. Salt Baked Crabs. The flavour and fragrance of the salt had subtly permeated into the meat, without drying it. Its juicy and tender without an often watery texture. 

Cockles were fresh and clean. Perfect with their house chilli of Black Sauce and Chilli Padi and Belachan. We prefer it to be almost raw. 


Sambal Sotong (Squids) cooked right, without being too chewy or dry. Its Sambal not overly sweet or spicy. 

Sambal KangKong I personally liked. Because of the "hehbi" (dried shrimps) that they used, adding texture and flavour to this dish. 

Salted Egg Yolk Chicken

Hai Yan Seafood 
Stall 11, Newton Circus Food Centre

Comments

Popular Posts