Yi Sheng Hokkien Mee @ ABC

I remember finding a home-feel Hokkien Mee at ABC market before. So for convenience, instead of going to the East (Geylang) for my fix, I made my way here. But that stall was closed, and I saw a queue for this fella. So I decided to give it a try. I was blown away. The style of Hokkien Mee that I loved!


It is when the goodness of the prawn stock is wholly absorbed by the yellow noodles, and subtly balanced out with a small proportion of think Vermicelli. But not all vendors get this flavour. The tip lies in the type of prawns that you choose. Some when boiled, will give you the dark brown and salty taste - those might be good for Prawn Mee soup. Those that gives you a lighter shade sweet flavour are the ones for this job! 

For this is when it is able to balance off the flavours from the garlic and the pork lard, to produce a plate of Goodness! The only thing this stall is slightly lacking, and I may be biased here, is the slow fire from Charcoal (Reference to Swee Guan @ Geylang). But otherwise, I give this stall No.2 spot on my rankings. 


Yi Sheng Fried Prawn Mee
ABC Brickworks Food Centre
6 Jln Bukit Merah, #01-13

Daily from 3pm to 10.45pm or when food runs out (it frequently does)
Closed on Wednesdays

Comments

  1. Request for permission to use your images for Chinatown Heritage Centre (Singapore)


    Dear Sir / Madam,

    My name is Ella and I am a producer with the Multimedia People Private Limited.

    My company has been tasked with developing multimedia content for the rejuvenation works at the Chinatown Heritage Centre (CHC). Just a bit more about this project, the Singapore Tourism Board's CHC on 46, 48 and 50 Pagoda Street is undertaking a revamp, with the addition of new galleries, artefact and stories.

    One of the Galleries, Roots & Early Life in Chinatown pays homage to a time of enormous social and economic change. There will be an interactive touch screen that invites visitors to learn more about the early days in Chinatown, focusing on the different ethnic groups and how they settle harmoniously.

    While doing research on the internet, we came across pictures from your website which are relevant to the topics which we will be covering. Hence, we hope to gain permission from you / your organization to include them in our interactive. We are interested to use this image:

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fHNTuA70LfQ/Uq3M47IxplI/AAAAAAAACN0/xQU9vt7TCbc/s1600/2013-10-20+15.23.07.jpg

    Thank you for considering my request thus far. Please feel free to contact me at +65 63243492 or email me at ella@mmpeople.com.sg, if you require more information, Alternatively, I would be glad to meet up with you, at your convenience, to discuss this further.

    Hope to hear from you soon.


    Regards,
    Ella Han

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts